March 11, 2021
The UNDP Renewed Strategic Offer in Africa (Strategic Offer) aims to strengthen UNDP’s position as Africa’s premier enabler and integrator for the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and the 2063 Agenda. Premised on Africa’s promise, it is organized around Six Strategic Impact Areas: Natural Resource Governance; Youth Employment and Empowerment; Structural Economic Transformation; Sustainable Energy; Climate Change; and Peace and Security; and is underpinned by Six Foundational Enablers: Governance of Things; Digital Transformation; Sustainable/Innovative Financing; Strategic Communication and Partnerships; South-South Cooperation; and Development Intelligence.
Applications are sought for the position of Regional Coordination/Programme Specialist in its Addis Ababa, Ethiopia station. Applicants will have a Master’s Level Degree with 5 years experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in trade policy, firm/enterprise competitiveness, export promotion, international trade;
- Experience working with export – oriented enterprises, SMEs exporter associations, chambers of commerce, business councils and exporter bodies, with an understanding of issues concerning women and youth;
- Experience in the private sector working with SMEs especially for business growth working with SMEs, especially for business growth is an asset;
- Knowledge of international and regional trade in Africa including from the perspective of its application in African countries and RECs is desirable;
- Investment advisory and SME development especially for women youth will also be valuable;
- Experience in investment advisory and SME development, especially for women and youth exporting enterprises is an asset;
- Experience with market research and analysis, developing market entry strategies and management SME portfolio investments developing market entry strategies, and managing SME portfolio investments will be an asset;
- Knowledge in technology, digitalisation and e-commerce will be an asset;
- Experience in collaborating with pan African institutions, regional economic communities and other stakeholders is required;
- Experience providing technical assistance and capacity building programmes on the AfCFTA;
- Experience leading production of trade-related knowledge and capacity building tool;
- Coordination experience working with government, development partners, and international partners would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of the Project Initiation Plan
- Market Analysis
- Ensure Knowledge Building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
Deadline: 24/03/2021 (Midnight New York, USA)