September 13, 2020
The Reform of the International Investment Policy Regime in Africa
Joint Webinar by Afronomicslaw – UNCTAD
Date: 28 September 2020
Time: 9.00am - Chicago; 5:00pm - East Africa; 3pm - UK/West Africa; 4:00pm - Geneva/Johannesburg
Meeting Registration: Zoom Registration
This webinar will consider reforms of the international investment policy regime in Africa. The webinar follows up our recently concluded symposium on Investor-State Dispute Settlement designed to centre voices from the Global South in the veritable tradition of Afronomicslaw.org. See this link for the Symposium Introduction: Centering Voices From the Global South on Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform: A Debate.
- Yvan Rwananga, Consultant, Investment and Enterprise Division, UNCTAD
- Hamed El Kady, Investment Policy Adviser, Investment and Enterprise Division, UNCTAD
- Patience Okala, Deputy Director/Legal Adviser, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
- Roselyn Ngeno, Senior Investment Expert, African Union Commission
- Won Kidane, Associate Professor, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle U.S.A.
- James Thuo Gathii, Wing-Tat Lee Chair in International Law and Professor of Law, School of Law, Loyola University Chicago
- Olabisi D. Akinkugbe, Assistant Professor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie Canada