November 25, 2021
AFRICAN UNION COMMISSION ON INTERNATIONAL LAW (AUCIL)
FIRST EDITION OF AUCIL AWARD FOR PhD THESIS ON INTERNATIONAL LAW
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
ABOUT THE PRIZE
For the very first time, the AUCIL is launching its 1st PhD Thesis Award to PhD holders with outstanding works in the field of International Law (Focus on Africa, particularly African Union Law).
The prize is intended to facilitate the publication of a PhD thesis of outstanding quality on a subject of general interest and likely to make a real contribution to the study of African Union Law. The AUCIL PhD Prize winner will get his/her work published and disseminated by a wellknown Publisher.
Submitted works shall be in the form of thesis to be eligible for consideration.
Applicants MUST send their submissions consisting of the following items in pdf version:
- Letter of Application, stating among others: list of all publications; reasons for applying for the Prize; whether the work has not been published or is not under contract of publication; and the author’s consent to anonymity in his/her work;
- Curriculum Vitae, indicating among others: nationality; date and place of birth; and contact information of the Applicant (email, phone number and address);
- The proposed work for publication;
- Executive summary/abstract of not more than twenty (20) pages highlighting among others the methodology, the outcomes, the axes and the main recommendations of the research;
- Proof of completion of doctoral degree ; and
- Thesis defense report or details on the date of defense of the thesis as well as the composition of the jury.
The closing date for reception of submissions is 15 December 2021.
The Guidelines for Submission and Assessment for the AUCIL PHD Thesis Award are available on the African Union website here