August 24, 2020
On August 25, 2020, from 3pm – 5pm WAT, the WIPO Nigeria Office in coordination with the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre will host a practical webinar, “How to Resolve Entertainment Disputes through WIPO Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Options”.
Entertainment disputes may be related to production and co-production agreements, copyright-related agreements, financing agreements, distribution agreements, broadcasting agreements, licenses, music agreements, merchandising agreements, artist and talent agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, TV and other media formats, among others. Disputes in this sector can be brought before national courts, however litigation is not always well equipped to deal with the particularities of these types of disputes because the conflicts are often complex and require special legal expertise as well as industry and market know how. ADR mechanisms, including mediation and arbitration, offer parties and their lawyers high-quality, efficient and cost-effective ways to resolve their entertainment disputes out of court, especially contractual disputes. With a focus on the Nigerian entertainment industry, this webinar will explore opportunities for the use of WIPO ADR in resolving entertainment and intellectual property disputes. The link for registration is available here.
- Ms. Sandra Oyewole, Media Partner, Olajide Oyewole LLP
- Ms. Aibee Abidoye, Executive Vice President Music, Chocolate City Ltd.
- Ms. Anthonia “Sasha P” Alabi, Artist, and Creative Director/Talent Liaison, Flytime Music Festival
- Mr. Ike Ehiribe, International Arbitrator and Dispute Resolver
- Mr. Leandro Toscano, Head, WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre.