March 21, 2021
ECA is the regional arm of the United Nations in Africa. Its mandate is to promote the economic and social development of Africa. ECA's dual role as a regional arm of the UN, and a part of the regional institutional landscape in Africa, positions it well to make unique contributions to member States' efforts to address their development challenges. Its strength derives from its role as the only UN agency mandated to operate at the regional and sub-regional levels to harness resources and bring them to bear on Africa's priorities.
As a foremost knowledge policy institution in Africa, ECA seeks to engage bright young Africans for skills and capacity development, training and mentorship through a fellowship programme within ECA’s work programme. This fellowship initiative is in line with the Commission’s effort to assist member States develop their capacities in economic and social policy research, development, implementation, analysis, governance, and monitoring and evaluation.
The ECA is hereby inviting applications from qualified young African Professionals in the following thematic areas:
- Macroeconomic policy, Economic Governance & Public Finance;
- Private Sector Development & Finance, including Innovative Finance & Capital Markets;
- Poverty, Inequality and social policy;
- Gender equality and women empowerment;
- Demographic Dynamics for Development;
- Innovation and Technology;
- Climate Change &Management of Natural Resources, including Green Economy;
- Industrialization and Economic Diversification Policies;
- Development Planning and Statistics;
- Regional Integration; Infrastructure and Trade;
- Labor Economics and Employment
- Communication and strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 14 April 2021 at 115:59pm Addis Ababa time.
More information on the application process can be found here.